WARNING - Cannabis-related regulations vary between countries, states (U.S), provinces and localities. You are required to inform yourself and stay up-to-date regarding your local laws, AT ALL TIMES.
Last updated March 5, 2020
WARNING - Regulations vary between countries, states (U.S), provinces and localities. You are required to inform yourself and stay up-to-date regarding your local laws, AT ALL TIMES.
That includes, and is NOT LIMITED to, being ABOVE THE AGE OF MAJORITY in your place of residence, complying with local bodies of regulations relating to the cultivation, processing, transportation and trading of hemp products.
Strainly and its representatives shall not be held responsible for members behaving in disregard of their local regulations. Strainly DOES NOT support nor endorse illegal activity.
The website located at www.strainly.io (the “Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to Services Strainly, Inc. (“Strainly,” “Us,”“Our,” and/or “We”), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent company, and other related companies (if/when applicable). Strainly provides websites, including Strainly.io, and related sub-domains, mobile and/or software applications that host content related to hemp cultivars and related products which include seeds, clones, pollen, growing equipment and ratings provided by its users, as well as blog articles (collectively, with all other services provided through the Site, the “Services”). Certain features of the Site or Services may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site or Services in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. References to “you” and “your” refer to you, a user of our Site and/or Services.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES, AND OBLIGATIONS. THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE REQUIRES (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) THAT YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION, AND FURTHER (1) YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST COMPANY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOR AS 4.2 PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
1. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS. ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND SERVICES IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. CONTENT POSTED BY STRAINLY ON ANY WEBSITE/APPLICATION, SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT SERVICE, OR ADVERTISEMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. STRAINLY DOES NOT ENDORSE, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF, ANY OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION MADE ON THE SITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING USER CONTENT AND THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS (EACH AS DEFINED BELOW). STRAINLY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. STRAINLY IS NOT OBLIGATED TO SCREEN USERS TO DETERMINE WHETHER THEY ARE QUALIFIED OR AUTHORIZED BY LAW TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICES OR TO DETERMINE THE ACCURACY OF THEIR CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION THEY PROVIDE.
· STRAINLY DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE. ANY INFORMATION ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE AND SERVICES, OR WITHIN ANY OF STRAINLY’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES OR CHANNELS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO COVER ALL POSSIBLE USES, DIRECTIONS, PRECAUTIONS, OR ADVERSE EFFECTS. SUCH INFORMATION INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, AND STRAINLY-GENERATED CONTENT DERIVED FROM USER CONTENT (E.G., STRAIN HIGHLIGHTS, ATTRIBUTES, AND OTHER DATA). THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND SERVICES AND PROVIDED VIA STRAINLY’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND CHANNELS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE SITE, SERVICES, OR ON STRAINLY’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND CHANNELS.
· ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF FEDERAL LAW: User expressly acknowledges that Strainly requires residents with laws regulating medical or recreational use of cannabis to comply with their laws at all times. Marijuana is included on Schedule 1 under the United States Controlled Substances Act. Under the federal laws of the United States of America, manufacturing, distributing, dispensing or possession of cannabis is illegal, and individuals are subject to arrest and/or prosecution for doing so. Client further acknowledges that medical use is not recognized as a valid defense under federal laws regarding marijuana. Client also acknowledges that the interstate transportation of marijuana is a federal offense. Client will not use Strainly for the purpose of cannabis-related activity. Strainly allows Hemp cultivators to participate, per the 2018 United States farm bill.
THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT LIMIT THE MORE GENERAL DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY IN SECTIONS 9 AND 10 OR ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT.
NO REFUND POLICY. ANY PAYMENT MADE TO STRAINLY FOR FEATURES OR PLANS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. NO EXCEPTION.
2. Eligibility and Accounts.
2.1 Eligibility. You must be 21 years of age to use the Site and/or Services within the United States. You must be above the age of majority in your country of residence if using the Site from other countries (e.g. Canada).
2.2 Account Creation. In order to use certain features of the Site (e.g., to use the Services), you must register for an account with Strainly (“Strainly Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the Site registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; and (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information at all times. You may not create more than one Strainly Account. Strainly may suspend or terminate your Strainly Account in accordance with Sections 6.4 and 11.
2.3 Account Deletion. You may delete your Strainly Account at any time, for any reason, by using the dedicated feature from within your profile. You may also send an email to [email protected] including your Strainly Account Username and your request to delete your account.
2.4 Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Strainly Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Strainly Account. You agree to immediately notify Strainly of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use, of your Strainly Account or any other breach of security. Strainly cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
3.1 License. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Strainly grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the Site and Services for your personal, noncommercial use.
3.2 Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site or Services; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Services; (c) you shall not access the Site or Services in order to build a similar or competitive service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Site or Services content must be retained on all copies thereof.
3.3 Modification. Strainly reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that Strainly will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or Services or any part thereof.
3.4 Ownership. Excluding User Content, you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights in the Site and Services are owned by Strainly or Strainly’s licensors. The provision of the Site and Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title, or interest in or to such intellectual property rights. Strainly and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
4.1 Email. You agree that we may send you emails concerning our products and services, as well as those of third parties. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in a promotional email.
5. USER CONTENT
5.1 User Content. “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, the Site or Services, including without limitation, content in the user’s profile, user reviews and/or postings. You acknowledge and agree that Strainly is not responsible for any User Content, including its accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Strainly does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or user for your use or misuse of any User Content.
5.2 User Content – Restrictions. You agree not to use the Site, Services, or any of Strainly's social media pages or channels to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content that (a) violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (b) is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive (e.g., material that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual) or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature; or (c) in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third-party.
5.3 User Content – Your Responsibilities. You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that makes you or any third-party personally identifiable. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate the Acceptable Use Policy (defined below). You may not state or imply that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored, or endorsed by Strainly. You acknowledge and agree that Strainly is not responsible for any User Content, including its accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Strainly does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or user for your use or misuse of any User Content. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content (and not Strainly), you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy or other applicable laws. Strainly is not obligated to backup any User Content and User Content may be deleted at any time. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of your User Content, if you desire.
5.4 License. You hereby grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Strainly an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully-paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site and Services. You agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
5.5 Feedback. If you provide Strainly any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site or Services (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to Strainly all rights in the Feedback and agree that Strainly shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Strainly will treat any Feedback you provide to Strainly as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to Strainly any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
6. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. The following sets forth Strainly’s “Acceptable Use Policy”:
6.1 Interactions and reviews. You must have a valid account and email address to access content, interact with other members and leave reviews on Strainly. Prior to accessing content and contacting other members, you will need to verify your email address associated with your Strainly account. You agree not to post reviews (leave feedback) on the Site, Services, or any of Strainly’s social media pages or channels that are not based upon your personal experience or are otherwise designed for any purpose other than providing other users on the Site with an accurate description of your personal experience. Reviews based on secondhand, non-personal experience are not allowed. In addition to the other restrictions contained in the Acceptable Use Policy, reviews posted on the Site, Services, or any of Strainly’s social media pages or channels must not: (a) be written exclusively in capital letters; (b) be plagiarized; (c) contain spam, advertisements, and/or links to external websites; (d) contain disparaging information about a member nor any person, (e) contain overly detailed or sexual descriptions of an individual’s physical appearance, or lewd personal attacks against a specific individual or group of individuals affiliated with a collective or producer, (f) contain references to collectives/farms or competitors other than the product being reviewed, or (g) contain unrelated personal grievances. If you are an owner, volunteer, or employee of a collective/farm you may not post reviews about your collective/farm or products or about your competitors’ collective/farm or products.
6.2 Photos. Image files must exclusively feature the cultivars they illustrate and must not include body parts, messy or cluttered backgrounds, product wrapping, currency, paraphernalia, brand names, or other any objects other than the product itself. Image files must be clear and must not be blurry, fuzzy, or contain any flash reflections. Products should be centered in the image file. Image files must contain an accurate depiction of the product they illustrate. Image files cannot contain pornography or other graphic images and must otherwise abide by the guidelines set forth in this Section 6.
6.3 Technological Restrictions. In addition, you agree not to use the Site or Services to: (a) upload, transmit, or distribute any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (b) send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (c) harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (d) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site or Services or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (e) attempt to or impersonate another user or Strainly or gain unauthorized access to the Site or Services, other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Site or Services, through password mining or other means; (f) harass or interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Site or Services; or (g) introduce software or automated agents or scripts to the Site or Services so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated searches, requests and queries, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Site or Services.
7. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold Strainly (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless from any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, actions, judgments, awards, penalties, fines, costs and/or expenses (including reasonably attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your use or misuse of the Site or Services, (ii) your User Content, (iii) your violation of this Agreement; or (iv) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. Strainly reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Strainly. Strainly will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
8. THIRD-PARTY INTERACTIONS; THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS; DEALS; MENUS; OTHER USERS; RELEASE.
8.1 Third-Party Interactions. During use of the Site or Service, you may enter into correspondence with, purchase goods and/or services from, or participate in promotions of third-party service providers, advertisers, or sponsors showing their goods and/or services through the Service. In particular, Strainly is not a party to any transaction that you may enter into with a third-party. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such activity, is solely between you and the applicable third-party. Strainly shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, purchase, transaction, or promotion between you and any such third-party. You agree that it is your responsibility to take reasonable precautions in all actions and interactions with any third party you interact with through the Service.
8.2 Third-Party Materials. The Site or Services might display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, articles applications or other products, services and/or materials) or contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties such as Deals and Menus, including pricing, product names, and product descriptions each Menu (defined below) (collectively, “Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Strainly is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. Strainly does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or user for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk. When you link to a Third-Party Material, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Material.
8.3 Deals. The Site or Services might display, include, or make available coupons, promotional codes, giveaways, samples, and other offers from listed users (collectively, “Deals”). Deals constitute “Third Party Materials” under this Agreement. Strainly displays these Deals on the Site and Services as a form of advertisement for the listing user (the “Offeror”) only. All Deals are offered directly by the applicable Offeror, and may be subject to additional terms, conditions, or restrictions of the Offeror or under applicable law, whether or not such additional terms, conditions, or restrictions are expressly included on the Site or Services. The Offeror, and not Strainly, is solely responsible for: (a) redemption of the Deal; (b) compliance of all aspects of the Deal with applicable law (including without limit, the advertisement, redemption, and terms, conditions and restrictions related thereto); (c) all goods and services it provides to you in connection with the Deal; and (d) all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs it may cause you to suffer, directly or indirectly, in full or in part, whether related to the use or redemption of a Deal or not.
8.4 Other Users. Each user of the Site or Services is solely responsible for any and all of its User Content and Third-Party Materials. Because we do not control User Content and/or Third-Party Materials, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content and/or Third-Party Materials, we make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content and/or Third-Party Materials, and we assume no responsibility for any User Content and/or Third-Party Materials. Your interactions with other Site or Service users (including Dispensaries) are solely between you and such user. You agree that Strainly will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site or Service user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
8.5 Release. You hereby release and forever discharge Strainly (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish your rights with respect to, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site or Service users, Third-Party Interactions, or Third-Party Materials. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, STRAINLY (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES: (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL STRAINLY (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, STRAINLY’S (AND OUR SUPPLIERS’) LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY CANADIAN DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID STRAINLY IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION. Subject to this Section, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or Services. We may (a) suspend your rights to use the Site and/or Services (including your Strainly Account) or (b) terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site or Services in violation of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, your Strainly Account and right to access and use the Site and Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Strainly Account involves deletion of your User Content associated therewith from our Site, Services, and live databases. Strainly will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of this Agreement, including for termination of your Strainly Account or deletion of your User Content.
No payment made by users for any feature(s) or plan(s) is eligible to a refund. NO REFUND will be issued.
Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 3.2-3.4, 4–14.
12. COPYRIGHT POLICY. Strainly respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site and Services do the same. In connection with our Site and Services, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our Site and Services who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site and Services, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification must be provided to [email protected] :
12.1 Your physical or electronic signature;
12.2 Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
12.3 Identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
12.4 Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
12.5 Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
12.6 A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
12.7 A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
13. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE. Except for disputes brought in small claims court, all disputes between you and Strainly arising out of, relating to or in connection with the Site or Services shall be exclusively settled through binding arbitration pursuant to the then-current rules of La Division des petites créances de la Cour du Québec for commercial arbitration. There is no judge or jury in arbitration. Arbitration procedures are simpler and more limited than rules applicable in court and review by a court is limited. YOU AND STRAINLY AGREE THAT ANY SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, if the class-action waiver in the prior sentence is deemed invalid or unenforceable, however, neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration. This arbitration agreement is subject to the Québec Laws. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court of the Province of Québec, Canada. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if Strainly makes any future change to this dispute resolution provision, it will not apply to any individual claim(s) that you had already provided notice of to Strainly. If the arbitration in this Section provision is found unenforceable or to not apply for a given dispute, then the proceeding must be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Province of Québec, Canada. You hereby accept the exclusive jurisdiction of such court for this purpose. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Québec without regard to conflict of law provisions.
13.1 Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. We are always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by emailing customer support at [email protected] If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to us should be sent to the address identified in Section 14.6 below.
13.2 Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
13.3 Future Changes to Arbitration Agreement. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if it makes any future change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to the Notice Address) while you are a user of the Service, you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within thirty (30) calendar days of the change to the Notice Address provided in Section below. By rejecting any future change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this Arbitration Agreement as of the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms).
14.1 No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Strainly will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site or Services.
14.3 Copyright/Trademark Information. © 2017, Services Strainly, Inc. All rights reserved. Strainly®; the Strainly logo; the Strainly green black and white colors used in combination; and the Strainly designs (collectively, the “Marks”) are for the excluside use of Services Strainly, Inc. You acknowledge and agree that You are not permitted to use Strainly’s Marks or any third-party marks displayed on our site without prior written consent from, respectively, Services Strainly, Inc., or the owners of such third-party marks.
14.5 Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision, nor shall any single or partial exercise by Strainly of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation.” If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to establish an employment, partnership, or joint venture relationship between you and Strainly. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Strainly’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon assignees.
14.6 Strainly Contact Information:
Email: [email protected]
Strainly is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience and privacy standards.
Required member information
Like Facebook, we don't require an ID document to register.For safety reasons, we don't require that you provide your full address when registering. Generally, the name of your locality or your zip code is just fine.We don't store your private messages with other members nor do we keep your data should you decide to delete your account.You're in control.
Name of the register
User register of the Strainly service
Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to future Strainly customer support features you are required to submit identifiable information. This may include but not limited to a unique username and password, or provide sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password.
Use of personal details (purpose of register)
Personal details are collected to make communication and use of service possible. Details can be used for communication between service providers and users and also for direct communication between users. Some personal details are visible on the profile page of the user, but those details are voluntary (except name).
The handling of personal details is not outsourced, but the register data is stored on a server that is rented from a third party company.
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward only if you adhere to our updated practices.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Strainly reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis, though in the vast majority of cases, we will not charge anything to provide your information available on Strainly.
Information content of the register
The following information may be stored in the register:
- Personal details: Name, email address, phone number, street address
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
- The description text that the user may write about him/herself
- The offers and requests the user has posted to the service
- The given and received feedback and badges
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number times the user has logged in
Regular sources of information
Personal details are given by the user on registration to the service or when using it later.
Regular handovers of the information
Information considering users of a single Strainly community may be handed over to the client who has founded that community or to the community administrators appointed by that client.
Transfers of the information outside the EU and the European Economic Area
Information may be stored to a server that may be located inside or outside of the EU and the European Economic Area
Register protection principles
The information is stored on computers. The access to the information is restricted with passwords and physical access to the computers is restricted by the server hosting company.